Description This course offers a comprehensive guide to mastering the Turtlesim Package within the ROS2 framework. Through a series of hands-on tutorials and real-world examples, you’ll gain a deep understanding of ROS2 nodes, launch files, RQT graphs, and much more. The course is designed to equip you with the skills needed to develop and manage ROS2-based projects effectively.
- Gain a foundational understanding of the ROS2 framework, focusing on nodes and launch files.
- Learn how to set up a ROS2 workspace and create packages using Visual Studio Code.
- Understand the architecture and file system of ROS2 projects.
- Acquire hands-on experience in running ROS2 nodes through terminal commands and launch files.
- Explore message and topic functionalities in Turtlesim.
- Master the use of services and parameters in ROS2.
- Develop multi-robot systems with varying speeds and functionalities.
- Ubuntu 22.04
- ROS2 (Humble)
- Visual Studio Code with ROS extension
- Turtlesim Package
- Terminal (bash or zsh)
- RQT Graphs
- Basic understanding of programming concepts (preferably in C++ or Python)
- Familiarity with terminal commands
- Basic knowledge of robotics and simulation environments would be beneficial but not mandatory